SandyHillLoungeGrill
Even if it was 20 mins, 40 mins, 2 hrs away, I would still make the trip to come eat there. It is so good!! The food has well balanced spices with cajuns influence. The choice of food is awesome. They have special everynight and also a front page menu that is different everyday. And when there is nothing "new" you want to try, there are always the classic dragon bowl or bison burger.
They have everyday 4.20$ appetizers, which include my favorites crab cakes with the best cajun roulade and awesome pot stickers with hot soya sauce.
Wednesday night, my friends and I usally cross the street for delicious wings. For 12 huge wings, it is 5.75$. The rest of the time it is 4.20$ for 5 wings.
I always get Jerkstyle. It has alot a favor, it is different and it has some heat.
I always get Jerkstyle. It has alot a favor, it is different and it has some heat.
(We got an huge salad on the side, which has healthy and delicious)
...a MooseHead Pitcher of Beer is always 12$ and Pabst is always 10$. They also have Miller's Organic, which I love and awesome cider. They have various shots. For all last month or more, it was a Chuck Norris shot, which was Bourbon top with Sake. If you have a mix drink, they don't give you a menu, they give you a bartender hand book and depending on what they have, they will make you anything.
On the weekend, they have breakfast!!! Seriously best breakfast in Ottawa, or at lest SandyHill area. You will pay a bit more, but you get alot more, such as great, not from the freeze home-fries(top with a bit of green onions) and if you get ham, it is the real thing off the bone.
My only down side to this place, almost every meal (except for salad and veggie burger) has meat. They know how to make awesome meat, but I am sure they could make great tofu. Also, breakfast doesn't really ever come with fruits or veggies. Finally, they really need sweet potato something!!!
But over all, I eat at this place almost every week, because it is great: the food, the people, the music, the prices.
Sandy Hill Lounge and Grill on the corner of Blackburn Ave and Somerset St E :
321 Somerset St E, Ottawa, ON(613) 695-0875
No comments:
Post a Comment